General Considerations & parking
- In the studio we practice in silence. Be sure to turn off your mobile devices upon arrival.
- Please respect your instructor and other participants by arriving on time. The door may be locked at start of class.
- Space in class can only be reserved online, up to 14 days in advance.
- Ten minutes prior to the start of a group class, we will release unclaimed reserved spots to drop-in students. Note the class will still come off your pass, plus a $10 missed class fee will be charged. Missed class fees will be donated to local causes.
- Bring a meditation cushion if you prefer to use your own. Cushions are available at the studio if you don’t have one.
- Bring your yoga mat to class. Due to the intimate size of the studio, we will not be stocking yoga mats.
- ELDOA mats are provided for ELDOA classes -bring yourself in comfy clothes and a yoga mat if you have one. Sometimes we need yoga mats for warm up.
- Baker St. Parking lot offers affordable paid parking and is located one block north of the studio. There is ample free parking available on the downtown streets surrounding the studio. Of course, please allow yourself enough time if driving to secure parking. The Wilson lot is now open a couple blocks away, and Stone Store lot is also an option around the corner at Paisley and Norfolk.
- Public transit regularly stops steps from the studio.
- We are within walking distance of many downtown businesses and residential areas – we encourage walking and biking which are great ways to keep you moving!
Cancelling Your Class
- You must cancel online up to 1/2-hour in advance of class to avoid being charged for your class. There is no class cancellation by phone or email.
- Those on a monthly plan – If class is full and you do not cancel before class begins, you will be charged $10 to your card. This money will be donated to a local cause, and your spot will be given away to drop-in student.
- We intentionally offer small class sizes – it is best to be in the habit of signing up for classes you want to take to ensure you have a spot – it helps us all plan better.
What to Wear
Come wearing comfortable clothes that allow you to sit and move freely. Nothing flashy is necessary. Socks are fine. This not a sweaty hot studio although minimal sweat can happen in Eldoa – you are fine to go straight out to work or your next activity without having to go home and shower again. That’s one of the great things about this practice – you got a lot out of it in little time and you don’t need to carry around a bunch of stuff.
What to Eat & Drink
For ELDOA classes, arrive hydrated and prepared to work. Hydrated means water – not coffee, tea, juice or pop. Learn more about why hydration is important to spinal health and ELDOA in our blog post in the news section.
How We Clean
In order to provide the healthiest environment for our instructors and participants, we use only natural products and essential oils to clean the studio.